Monday, July 20, 2009

My Views From the Cheap Seats


I like the cheap seats. First of all, well, they're CHEAP! Second, that irritating guy sitting behind you four rows from the top of the center field bleachers (who is naturally yelling at the batter, and yelling so loud that I think the batter CAN hear him), well he isn't so irritating, when you know that you only paid $7 (or less) for those seats. Plus, you can get up and move around and not feel guilty that you just left your $50 seat to go to the bathroom.

Okay, fine, so why am I writing a blog about it then? You see, I am a teacher by day and sports/electronics/science/automotive/outdoor recreation fan by night. It may be a news flash for ya, but teachers don't exactly bring in a lot of dough. And my wife, bless her heart, stays at home with our two little girls (3 and 9 months) trying her best to save money any way she can. She stared her own blog, Thrifty NW Mom, and eventually convinced me to do a blog myself after she got tired of me telling her about the deals I came across that she really didn't have much interest in. Yes, her audience has a craving for special deals, but I'm pretty sure that most of them don't really care about the sweet Tom Tom deal I came across, or about the special that the Seattle Mariners had for Father's Day (even though she did post that one!).

So, that is what I am going to do here. I will search around for good deals that appeal to my interests; namely electronics, software, and anything sports related (including outdoor sports) and I will post them for you to read. I really like free things, so I will post those when ever I can.

Well, I hope you enjoy the blog, and please feel free to add in your own suggestions anywhere in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment